City of Luxor and The Nile River Tour with flights from Sharm El-Sheikh, 1 Day Excursion
Visit the wonders of Luxor on a full-day trip that includes round-trip flights from Sharm El Sheikh, and explore ancient Egypt’s iconic monuments with an Egyptologist.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Large Group
Do not miss out the wonders of Luxor. Just fly there, for one full-day trip in a small group and visit the four keys of Luxor highlights with an Egyptologist guide – the Valley of the Kings, the Temple of Queen Hatshepsut, the Colossi of Memnon, and the Karnak Temple. Including lunch, visiting a bazaar and alabaster factory.
Things You Should Take:
- Your passport.
- Sunglass and Hat.
- Comfortable shoes (Trainers would be best for this excursion).
- Warm clothing in winter or loose clothing in summer.
- Extra Cash.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must accompanied by an adult.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair due to uneven surfaces.
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will get the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Hotel pickup and drop off by A/C Van.
- English-Speaking Egyptologist Guide.
- Flight Tickets.
- All taxes, Entrance fees and handling charges.
- Lunch and Soft drinks.
- Round-trip shared transfers between sites by A/C Van.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Entering the tombs.
- Nile River Boat Tour.
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase).
- Extras not mentioned in the program.
4:15 AM till 5:00 AM
You will picked up from your hotel in early morning between 4:15 AM till 5:00 AM depends on your hotel location by A/C Van and transfer to Sharm el Sheikh Airport for your flight to Luxor. Your personal English-speaking Egyptologist guide will be waiting for you outside the arrival hall at Luxor Airport to be with you through the day.
West Bank & Valley of the Kings
You will start your day by going to the West bank of The Nile River to visit the ”City of the dead” which is steeped in ancient Egyptian mythology. Then on to the ”Valley of the Kings”, which contains about 63 tombs ranging in size. Those tombs are carve deep into the desert rock, richly decorated and filled with treasures for afterlife of pharaohs. You will also have the chance to see the Tomb of Ramses VI and the four colossal statues of Amenhotep III (The Colossi of Memnon).
On reaching the summit, you will wait for the perfect time to witness a stunning sunrise where you can enjoy a beautiful warm view and do not forget to take some photos for memories.
Temple of Queen Hatshepsut
Of course, the most famous temple from all temples is the temple of Queen Hatshepsut, the only pharaonic woman who reigned ancient Egypt. This impressive temple is located at El Deir El Bahary, and rises out of the desert in a series of terraces and merges with the sheer limestone cliffs that surround it.
East Bank & the Karnak temple
You will go to the East bank for lunch in a local restaurant, then, visit the Karnak temple, the greatest example of worship in the history, dedicated to the God Amon, his wife Mut and their son Khonsu. Its ancient name was Ipet-isut means “The Most Sacred of Places”. The temple was built over two thousand years ago by generations of pharaohs. Within, an incredible forest of giant pillars known as the great “Hypostyle Hall”.
Guides are not permitted entry to the tombs but they will explain fully beforehand what to expect and what to look for inside. Certain tombs like the tomb of Tutankhamun require an extra fee for entry (additional cost).
After you finish your tour, you have an option for a River Nile trip on a Felucca around Banana Island with the view of the city in a side and the view of the countryside on the other side during the sunset time (additional cost). In addition, you will have a chance to do little shopping in any of the local bazaar’s and visit an alabaster factory if you want to.
Drop Back Location
At evening, you will then drive back to Luxor Airport for your flight back to Sharm el Sheikh. Upon arrival, you will dropped back to your hotel.