Dahab, The Blue Hole & The Canyon (Minimum 4 Pax) from Sharm El-Sheikh, 2 Dives from Shore
Enjoy diving in the most popular sites, the magnificent Canyon and the Blue Hole in 2 amazing dives from shore.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Large Group
Dahab, a small and quiet town about 80 kilometres north of Sharm el Sheikh, its most popular with divers for the magnificent Canyon and Blue Hole dives.
The first dive will be the Canyon, Situated 10 kilometers outside of Dahab. You will access the site by crossing over a shingle beach leading on to a reef platform, which stretches out a few meters until you reach a small sandy sheltered lagoon, which has an average depth of 3 meters. After descending, you swim through a shallow saddle in the lagoon, which leads to the open reef at which point you head to the left, gradually getting to a depth of 20m where the largest opening of the canyon appears. Upon approaching the canyon, you have the delight of seeing many bubbles stream up through the cracks in the sea floor. We enter and exit the canyon one-by-one however once inside there is plenty of room for large groups to explore and enjoy the spectacular lighting effects from the overhead sun. The floor sits at around 28m depending on the tide however; the canyon slopes downwards and become narrower before ending at a depth of 54 meters.
The second dive will be The Blue Hole. You will travel a further 1.5 kilometers up from the Canyon to reach the famous Blue Hole. You will start by diving outside the blue hole, entering the water through The Bells, which is a small crack in the main reef, quickly turning in to a narrow chimney open on one side to the blue, with an exit point at approximately 28m. Once you have exited, the main reef wall is immediately on your right and is full of life and color. You continue along this wall with cornet fish who love to play with your bubbles and even cleaner wrasses that might try to help you clean out an ear or even your mouth! Gradually you will reach a shallow coral garden at around 7m, which marks the entrance point to the blue hole. Once you in, the direction you take largely depends on the amount of air divers have left, swimming from the right side is longer than the left one.
Things You Should Take:
- Your passport.
- Sunglass and Hat
- Swimming outfits.
- Sun cream.
- Extra Cash (in case you want to buy DVD or HD photos).
- This activity needs an Advanced Open Water Diver Certified or higher.
- Evidence of dive certification and dive insurance is required from all divers wishing to participate in guided diving tours.
- In case of longer than 1-year break in diving, we strongly recommended to start with Scuba Review (refresher program) before your dives
- Children must accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age is 10 years.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- Not recommended diving within 24 hours of flying. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will get the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Hotel pickup and drop off by A/C Van.
- English Speaking Guide.
- All taxes, Entrance fees and handling charges.
- Professional diving Trainer.
- All diving equipment.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Nirtox tank for 12L or 15L: 6 euro per tank.
- DVD (available to purchase).
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase).
- Extras not mentioned in the program.
You will picked up from your hotel around 07:30 am, to drive to dive center at 9:00 am, to start your adventure and do not forget to bring your passport, swimwear and towels with you.
Registration & Medical Statement
Once you arrive, you will asked to complete registration and medical statement, this is a compulsory requirement for all divers. You will be inform about the general procedures and organization of diving. Then you will be ready to get off.
Time to Dive
You will have 2 dives to explore the magnificent Canyon and Blue Hole, the first one will be The Canyon before using the surface interval to travel along the sandy beach roads to reach the Blue Hole.
You will kitted up with the jacket, tanks, weights and mask to start diving. You can arranged with an underwater photographer to take pictures or film of you. Of course, those are an extra cost on the day and delivered to your hotel the following day. When your time is up, make ready for your return to the surface.
After diving, you will head to Dahab City to enjoy your lunch.
Drop Back Location
you will dropped back to your hotel.