Thistlegorm 1941 Warship Wreck from Sharm El-Sheikh, 2 Dives by Boat
Explore one of the top dive sites in the world, the SS Thistlegorm that sunk by a German bomber and now lies upright on the seabed at 30 meters deep, in 2 amazing dives by boat.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Large Group
The SS Thistlegorm was a British merchant navy ship built in 1940 and sunk by a two German Heinkel aircraft bomber on 6 of October, 1941 to turn this shipwreck into a world-class diving site. The ship was originally 126 meters long, but after the explosion, the wreck now lies upright on the seabed measuring approximately 150 meters in length, with the deepest point sitting at 30m/98ft.
The Thistlegorm was carrying a large amount of cargo including trains, trucks, motorcycles, rifles and anti-aircraft guns that still exists until now and lie rusting on the bed of the Red Sea.
You will explore all these things in 2 dives, the first one being an orientation around the wreck, followed by a second one of wreck penetration.
Due to the depth of the wreck, we recommended divers with minimum Advanced Open Water Certification or higher, have good buoyancy skills and an enriched air diver to maximize the allowable bottom time.
Things You Should Take:
- Your passport.
- Sunglass and Hat
- Swimming outfits.
- Sun cream.
- Extra Cash (in case you want to buy DVD or HD photos).
- This activity needs an Advanced Open Water Diver Certified or higher.
- Evidence of dive certification and dive insurance is required from all divers wishing to participate in guided diving tours.
- In case of longer than 1-year break in diving, we strongly recommended to start with Scuba Review (refresher program) before your dives
- Children must accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age is 10 years.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- Not recommended diving within 48 hours of flying. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will get the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Hotel pickup and drop off by A/C Van.
- English Speaking Guide.
- All taxes, Entrance fees and handling charges.
- Professional diving Trainer.
- Food and drinks.
- All diving equipment.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Nirtox tank for 12L or 15L: 6 euro per tank.
- DVD (available to purchase).
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase).
- Extras not mentioned in the program.
You will picked up from your hotel in late morning, to drive the marina to dive center at 9:00 AM, to start your adventure and do not forget to bring your passport, swimwear and towels with you.
Registration & Medical Statement
Once you arrive, you will asked to complete registration and medical statement, this is a compulsory requirement for all divers. You will be inform about the general procedures and organization of diving. Then you will be ready to get off.
Time to Dive
You will have 2 dives to explore the amazing Thistlegorm wreck, the first one being an orientation around the wreck, followed by a second one of wreck penetration.
You will kitted up with the jacket, tanks, weights and mask to start diving. You can arranged with an underwater photographer to take pictures or film of you. Of course, those are an extra cost on the day and delivered to your hotel the following day.
When your time is up, make ready for your return to the surface. The boat hands will be there waiting to assist you out of the water and onto the dive deck of the boat. You can enjoy relax between dives on sun decks of the luxury boat. Lunch and drinks are included for the full-day boat trips.
Drop Back Location
Time to go back to the marina, then you will dropped back to your hotel.