Ras Um El Sid from Sharm El-Sheikh by Jeep, 2 Dives from Shore
Step into clear, warm water of the Red Sea, swim above bright clusters of anemones, slender fans, watch for the barracudas and rays that haunt the thriving reefs in 2 dives from shore at Ras Um El-Sid.
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Challenging
Group Size Large Group
Ras Um El Sid, also known as “Hadabet Ras Um El Sid”, a small peninsula located south from Naama Bay and near to Ras Mohammed National Park with stunning views of the Red Sea and the reefs. Which also has a wall reaching from the surface to 18 meters, forming a plateau that extends for about 50 meters to the drop off. On the plateau divers, find pinnacles with Scorpion Fish camouflaged in the coral and Bat Fish hovering.
The highlight of this dive is a column of Gorgonian Fans that reaches from 14 to 28 meters. At the far corner of the dive site, where currents meet, divers may spot schools of Snappers, Barracudas and large Napoleons. On the other side, you find one of the most amazing coral gardens in Sharm El Sheikh. It has small pinnacle formations with soft coral and abundant marine life. You find small creatures such as Nudibranchs, and Devil Scorpion Fish.
Things You Should Take:
- Your passport.
- Sunglass and Hat
- Swimming outfits.
- Sun cream.
- Extra Cash (in case you want to buy DVD or HD photos).
- In case of longer than 1-year break in diving, we strongly recommended to start with Scuba Review (refresher program) before your dives
- Children must accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum age is 10 years.
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- Not recommended for pregnant women.
- Not recommended for participants with back problems.
- Not recommended diving within 48 hours of flying. All participants will be required to complete a health questionnaire prior to diving. Some pre-existing medical conditions (eg asthma, heart conditions, etc) may prevent you from diving, please consult your doctor.
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions.
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will get the option of an alternative date or full refund.
- Hotel pickup and drop off by A/C Van.
- English Speaking Guide.
- All taxes, Entrance fees and handling charges.
- Professional diving Trainer.
- All diving equipment.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Nirtox tank for 12L or 15L: 6 euro per tank.
- DVD (available to purchase).
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase).
- Extras not mentioned in the program.
You will picked up from your hotel in late morning, to drive to Ras Um El Sid marina at 9:00am, to start your adventure and do not forget to bring your passport, swimwear and towels with you.
Registration & Medical Statement
Once you arrive, you will asked to complete registration and medical statement, this is a compulsory requirement for all divers. You will be inform about the general procedures and organization of diving. Then you will be ready to get off.
Time to Dive
Now, you can start dive and swim along the reef edge and you will surely spot a triggerfish, a small group of blue cheek butterfly fish (endemic of the region) or a blue spotted grouper. Moreover, you will find yourself face to face with Red Sea clown fish playing in their anemone; you may be surprise by a hump head wrasse darting in the deep blue sea.
You will kitted up with the jacket, tanks, weights and mask to start diving. You can arranged with an underwater photographer to take pictures or film of you. Of course, those are an extra cost on the day and delivered to your hotel the following day. When your time is up, make ready for your return to the surface.
When your time is up, make ready for your return to the surface. The boat hands will be there waiting to assist you out of the water and onto the dive deck of the boat. You can enjoy relax between dives on sun decks of the luxury boat. Lunch and drinks are included for the full-day boat trips.
Drop Back Location
Time to go back to the marina, then you will dropped back to your hotel.